en - [sympa-users] bounced configuration problem (?)

  • From: Matthew Dunham <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: [sympa-users] bounced configuration problem (?)
  • Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2009 17:02:32 -0700

hi -

hopefully one of you sympa experts can help me out with this problem.

i'm setting up a sympa installation with virtual domains. the main hostname (myhost.dom) doesn't have any lists itself -- i have robots only running on virtual domains (address@concealed, address@concealed, etc.).

when i have bounce from one of my domain robots, the bounce message is returned to the sender specified in the original message envelope, which is <address@concealed>. because sympa sends messages by calling the MTA directly rather than using the smtp tcp port this (seemingly) can't be changed. so i have messages for <address@concealed> aliased to <address@concealed> to ensure that sympa handles them.

but something isn't right here. when bounced gets the bounce message, it doesn't do anything with it seemingly because it's not detecting the right list name.

bounced[4411]: Skipping bouncefile address@concealed for
unknown list address@concealed

any suggestions on what might be going on, or how i might debug this?

thanks.

--

  • [sympa-users] bounced configuration problem (?), Matthew Dunham, 03/26/2009