en - Re: [sympa-users] sympa, exim4, debian

  • From: Czakó Krisztián <address@concealed>
  • To: Paul Menzel <address@concealed>, address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] sympa, exim4, debian
  • Date: Sun, 22 Mar 2009 20:12:17 +0100

Paul Menzel írta:
> I have a question. Why do you let the sympaabuse_router also handle
> messages with postmaster in the local part? I could not find something
> like this in the recommended /etc/aliases [2] or the other examples for
> configuration of Exim [1].

We use sympa on a server that runs only the mailing list. No other mail
addresses there. In this setup I've found it useful.
But you're right, it is not necessary. On a regular mail server it is
better not redirect postmaster to sympa.
OTOH, some bad mail servers bounces the messages to postmaster :(

Regards,
Slapic