en - Re: [sympa-users] sympa, exim4, debian

  • From: Paul Menzel <address@concealed>
  • To: Czakó Krisztián <address@concealed>
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] sympa, exim4, debian
  • Date: Sun, 22 Mar 2009 19:54:23 +0100

Dear Czakó,

Am Freitag, den 25.01.2008, 13:39 +0100 schrieb Czakó Krisztián:

> Where should I contribute config examples?

a link to your post was added to the FAQ in the Sympa Wiki [1].

> Here're some exim4 config additions to make it work with sympa without
> alias management.
>
> It automatically detects sympa lists (just "open" ones), manages the
> -owner, -request, etc. addresses, bounces, etc.
> I use it on a Debian Etch system with "split config" debconf settings
> with exim4-daemon-heavy.
>
> Simple untar the attached file to /etc/exim4 and it will work. Note that
> it uses the Debian exim4 split configuration method. You must select
> "split config" in debconf to use it.
>
> The configuration is based on the exim4 mailman configuration examples.

Thanks for your great example and configuration files.

> If you find any bug or missing feature, please let me know!

I have a question. Why do you let the sympaabuse_router also handle
messages with postmaster in the local part? I could not find something
like this in the recommended /etc/aliases [2] or the other examples for
configuration of Exim [1].

> The detection of the open state of a list must be fine tuned, I know.

Thanks,

Paul

[1] https://www.sympa.org/faq/exim
[2] https://www.sympa.org/manual/mail-aliases#robot_aliases