en - [sympa-users] delayed distribution possible?

  • From: Brian Thompson <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: [sympa-users] delayed distribution possible?
  • Date: Sun, 08 Feb 2009 18:57:56 -0500

Hello all,

I'd like to figure out a way to cause some of our larger lists to delay
distribution until later in the evening so that they don't overload our
other mail servers during the work day.

At the moment I'm simply moderating the lists and not approving the
larger lists until the evening, but it seems there should be a better way.

I noticed in the reference manual a "priority z" which supposedly can
be used to hang up a list:
http://www.sympa.org/dev-manual/parameters-others#priority

Would it be difficult to edit that "z" definition such that it works
similar to a "priority 9" but only in the evening, or possibly create
a new priority letter to serve that function?

Or, is there another existing parameter that already serves that
function that I'm just not seeming to be able to find?

Thanks,
Brian