en - RE: [sympa-users] replacing cookie value for existing sympa installation

  • From: "Philip Crandall" <address@concealed>
  • To: "'Serge Aumont'" <address@concealed>
  • Cc: <address@concealed>
  • Subject: RE: [sympa-users] replacing cookie value for existing sympa installation
  • Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2008 12:34:53 -0500

Serge,
Thanks so much for the response.

I tried the methodology I outlined to change the cookie secret; however, I
began getting messages with "Message ignored because incorrect checksum". I
had to undo the change since I couldn't tell with certainty that the issue
was
just a queued message that now had a bad checksum.

I had sympa shutdown while I made the change to the cookie secret, why would
there be a pending message with a "X-Sympa-Checksum" from the old cookie
secret? Is there a way to make sure all messages are delivered before I go
about changing the secret? Are there characters that are invalid for use in
the cookie secret (i.e. does it have to be A-z,a-z,0-9 or can it include
special characters $,!,+,etc.)?

Do I understand correctly that the checksum is created using the cookie
secret
when a message is created by a list for delivery?

Could you shine some light on this?

Thanks again,

Philip Crandall