en - Re: [sympa-users] Messages Stripped of Content

  • From: Olivier Salaün <address@concealed>
  • To: Kristi Aho <address@concealed>
  • Cc: "address@concealed" <address@concealed>
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Messages Stripped of Content
  • Date: Fri, 03 Oct 2008 14:45:17 +0200

Hi Kristi,

You should try to determine if the message has been stripped on your mailing list server of by a front-end. You can replacing the right-hand part of the list mail alias with a local mailbox and check if the mail is correctly received by this user. If not, you should investigate on front-end servers.

Kristi Aho a écrit :
Hello. I am having a problem where messages are coming into my server to
Postfix (2.2.8-1.2), which is handing them off to Sympa (v. 5.2.3) where they
are then being stripped of content. We're running on Fedora Core 5. My
sympa log reports:

Oct 2 12:56:32 jhsympa2 sympa[21416]: No From found in message
/address@concealed, skipping.
Oct 2 12:56:32 jhsympa2 sympa[21416]: Unable to create Message object
/address@concealed
Oct 2 12:56:32 jhsympa2 sympa[21416]: Moving bad file
address@concealed to bad/

In the /spool/msg/bad directory these message files are empty - no content at
all. Has anyone seen this before? I cannot tell where or by what method
that the content of the messages is being stripped.

I've restored an older aliases file, thinking that there might be some
corruption there, but that did not solve the problem. I don't know where
else to look. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
-Kristi