en - Re: [sympa-users] Sympa concurrency

  • From: Serge Aumont <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Cc: address@concealed, Mark Keisler <address@concealed>
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Sympa concurrency
  • Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2008 08:00:07 +0200

Manuel Molina Cuberos wrote:
Mark Keisler escribió:
What are you trying to achieve with this setup? Redundancy and
availability? Something else? Will you be sharing directories through
NFS? AFS? CIFS? Fancy SAN setup? You would be sharing expl and arc
directories, too...

Hello Mark!

We have two machines in a load-balanced, high-availability scheme. Both machines are receiving the same mail flow.
I'm trying to do an installation so both machines share the working directories (expl, queues ..) via NFS, and the same MySQL database.

Do you think it will work ?
I'm setting the mount points right now:

/var/spool/sympa
/var/lib/sympa
Hello

You will need also to share arc, expl and etc sympa directories. Note that the location of any directories can be changed at the configure step or in sympa.conf so you can limit the number of mount point if needed.

The key issue is the lock method. We did some development in that direction. please see http://www.sympa.org/manual/conf-parameters/part3?#lock_method . We did not received yet any feed back about it and we would be pleased to.

The demons task_manager.pl, bounced.pl and archived.pl do not need to run on each server because they are just doing internals task. You should just run sympa.pl, the web interface and depending the external applications plugued with Sympa the soap interface.

Right now, we are changing the internal bulk mailer using the database for spools. I described it yesterday in sympa-dev ML ; see : http://listes.cru.fr/sympa/arc/sympa-dev/2008-08/msg00010.html. The main goal is to run Sympa on multiple servers.

Serge Aumont