en - Re: [sympa-users] Reply-to not using virtual host domain

  • From: Liam Kirsher <address@concealed>
  • To: David Verdin <address@concealed>
  • Cc: sympa-users <address@concealed>
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Reply-to not using virtual host domain
  • Date: Tue, 27 May 2008 17:05:27 -0700

David,

Did you ever figure out what was going on here? I might have missed it.
However, a client just presented me with what appears to be the same problem, so I need to fix it.
If you have a moment, would you please take a look?

Thanks,
Liam

David Verdin wrote:
Liam,

Sorry for the delay before the answer.

Considering that both

$hdr->add('X-Loop', "$name\@$host");

and

$hdr->add('Errors-to', $name.&Conf::get_robot_conf($robot,'return_path_suffix').'@'.$host);

use *the same parameter "$host"* to define the domain part of the mail address, and that this parameter is unlikely to have changed between the two affectations, you should find the same domain part in the output. Which you don't.

So something is wrong with the treatment of this header before sending the message.

I'll search what's wrong.

Regards,

Liam Kirsher a écrit :
David,

That didn't seem to fix the problem.

I noticed that the Errors-to field was set incorrectly to
address@concealed (instead of lists.virtualhost.com),
which I think resulted in a bad Return-Path field, as well.
In List.pm distribute_msg() there appeared to be a discrepancy between
how $host was referenced. The X-Loop string comes out correct in the
email message, but the Errors-to one is incorrect.
## Add useful headers
$hdr->add('X-Loop', "$name\@$host");
$hdr->add('X-Sequence', $sequence);
$hdr->add('Errors-to', $name.&Conf::get_robot_conf($robot,
'return_path_suffix').'@'.$host);

Results in message:
I think that should be \@$host in the Errors-to line, shouldn't it?

Liam

David Verdin wrote:
Liam,

Yes there is a "host" parameter in robot.conf.
See: https://www.sympa.org/manual/virtual-hosts?#robot.conf
Its normal default value is the name of the directory of the virtual
host. However, it seems that there could be a problem - with the
"reply-to" only.
If you set it in your robot.conf, can you tell me if it solves the
problem? If it does, then there is a bug (which should not be too hard
to fix).

Regards,

Liam Kirsher a écrit :
David,

Are you referring to the "http_host" robot parameter? Those seem to be
correct. Or, is there a "host" parameter?
I don't have those in any of the robot files.

Liam

David Verdin wrote:
On second thought : Lists initialize their domain name using the
"host" robot parameter. So it may be the reverse problem: host (robot)
parameter badly defined or not defined at all (which would lead to use
defaults).

Liam Kirsher a écrit :
Hi --

Can anyone tell me what's going on?

On lists that have the reply_to_header set to 'list', the Reply-To:
field is using the server's fqdn, when it should be using the virtual
domain. Any idea where I go to fix this?
I recently moved over to a different server, and am using 5.3.4.

Example: