en - Re: [sympa-users] Authenticating to Sympa from an external PHP

  • From: Chris Hastie <address@concealed>
  • To: Serge Aumont <address@concealed>
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Authenticating to Sympa from an external PHP
  • Date: Wed, 21 May 2008 13:13:36 +0100

On Wed, 21 May 2008, Serge Aumont <address@concealed> wrote:

Chris Hastie wrote:
Should it help any one else affected by this, the
attached is a hack I put together to enable an existing PHP application
to set Sympa's session cookie.
Great ! That's a good contrib I have added in the contrib section :
http://www.sympa.org/contribs/ .

We will add soap feature to allow :

* Sympa session creation from other application (the service will
return the cookie to be sent to the remote client)
* Use of existing Sympa session from other application (input a
sympasession cookie, output the user email if any)
* close an existing Sympa session (logout) from a remote application
(input an a sympasession cookie, erase user email in session table)

Excellent. I did look at SOAP but it seemed there wasn't an existing function
that did the job. Obviously it would be much better for me to be using a
supported API than hacking directly at the internals of tables whose structure
may change in the future.

--
Chris Hastie