en - Re: [sympa-users] Authenticated by other apps and the sympauser cookie

  • From: Serge Aumont <address@concealed>
  • To: Chris Hastie <address@concealed>
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Authenticated by other apps and the sympauser cookie
  • Date: Mon, 19 May 2008 07:50:31 +0200

Chris Hastie wrote:
I'm in the process of migrating various lists from an old version 4
something or other installation to a bang up to date 5.4.3 installation
and have hit a problem with integration with another application.

The other application has been 'integrated' with the older sympa
installation in that on login it sets the sympauser cookie to an
appropriate value so that the user is also authenticated against sympa.
According to
http://www.sympa.org/manual/authentication#sharing_wwsympa_s_authentication_with_other_applications
this method looks like it should still work. But it doesn't.
That's a bug in the documentation and in the changelog. This metgod can't work anymore. Now (Sympa 5.4) use just one cookie(1) named sympa_session. The value of this the primary key of table "session_table" in Sympa database (the field is named id_session).

So one of the method to relace the login you have is to fetch session attribute from Sympa table ; the field email_session will give you the login id of the user. Note that not only authenticated users are using Sympa session.

Is there any way to configure sympa to use the old behaviour?
No
Failing
that, is there any documentation on the new system and how to allow
other apps to handle the authentication? Looks like I might need my app
to write to sympa's session_table, which doesn't fill me with joy :(
What's my best option?
I am goin,g to update the documentation and I will send you information about it as soon as ready. Why do you say you are going to "write" into session_table ? Read is enough.

Serge