en - [sympa-users] Authenticated by other apps and the sympauser cookie

  • From: Chris Hastie <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: [sympa-users] Authenticated by other apps and the sympauser cookie
  • Date: Sun, 18 May 2008 19:54:15 +0100

I'm in the process of migrating various lists from an old version 4
something or other installation to a bang up to date 5.4.3 installation
and have hit a problem with integration with another application.

The other application has been 'integrated' with the older sympa
installation in that on login it sets the sympauser cookie to an
appropriate value so that the user is also authenticated against sympa.
According to
http://www.sympa.org/manual/authentication#sharing_wwsympa_s_authentication_with_other_applications
this method looks like it should still work. But it doesn't. The
subscribers are drawn from the app's database with include2.

Looking at the cookies set by Sympa it seems it is no longer setting a
sympauser cookie, but a sympa_session cookie is being set. I presume
authentication now involves this?

Is there any way to configure sympa to use the old behaviour? Failing
that, is there any documentation on the new system and how to allow
other apps to handle the authentication? Looks like I might need my app
to write to sympa's session_table, which doesn't fill me with joy :(
What's my best option?

--
Chris