en - Re: [sympa-users] Database sympa defined in sympa.conf has not the

  • From: Olivier Salaün <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Database sympa defined in sympa.conf has not the
  • Date: Fri, 16 May 2008 11:55:34 +0200

You did not mention what version of Sympa you're running ?
If you have downloaded a DB creation script from the web site, it might be uncompatible with your Sympa version. You should have rather used the DB creation scripts distributed with the tar.gz or let sympa.pl do the DB creation job (on option with Mysql only).

Comment : "address@concealed" is somehow anonymous isn't it ?

address@concealed a e'crit :
I have built and installed sympa plus the web interface
I can see the web interface, when I visit my localhost/sympa
I can also start the sympa daemon, but when doing so, I get many error
messages:

Starting module sympa.pl: DBD::mysql::db do failed: Table 'admin_table'
already
exists at /home/sympa/bin/Upgrade.pm line 783.
DBD::mysql::db do failed: Table 'logs_table' already exists at
/home/sympa/bin/Upgrade.pm line 783.
DBD::mysql::db do failed: Table 'user_table' already exists at
/home/sympa/bin/Upgrade.pm line 783.
DBD::mysql::db do failed: Table 'subscriber_table' already exists at
/home/sympa/bin/Upgrade.pm line 783.
DBD::mysql::db do failed: Table 'netidmap_table' already exists at
/home/sympa/bin/Upgrade.pm line 783.
DBD::mysql::st execute failed: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the
manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to
use near '`.`admin_table' at line 1 at /home/sympa/bin/Upgrade.pm line 806.
Database sympa defined in sympa.conf has not the right structure or is
unreachable. If you don't use any database, comment db_xxx parameters in
sympa.conf
failure

I can understand why I'm getting the "table exists" errors, as I have created
the sympa database manually. So it appears that the sympa daemon is at least
correctly connecting to my sympa database. However, I cannot understand why
i'm
getting the "has not the right structure" error, as I have created the
database
with the very same script that I've found under:

https://www.sympa.org/manual/database

namely;

CREATE TABLE user_table (
email_user varchar (100) NOT NULL,
gecos_user varchar (150),
password_user varchar (40),
cookie_delay_user int,
lang_user varchar (10),
attributes_user text,
data_user text,
PRIMARY KEY (email_user)
);

CREATE TABLE subscriber_table (
list_subscriber varchar (50) NOT NULL,
user_subscriber varchar (100) NOT NULL,
custom_attribute_subscriber text,
robot_subscriber varchar (80) NOT NULL,
date_subscriber datetime NOT NULL,
update_subscriber datetime,
visibility_subscriber varchar (20),
reception_subscriber varchar (20),
topics_subscriber varchar (200),
bounce_subscriber varchar (35),
bounce_score_subscriber smallint (6),
bounce_address_subscriber varchar (100),
comment_subscriber varchar (150),
subscribed_subscriber int(1),
included_subscriber int(1),
include_sources_subscriber varchar(50),
PRIMARY KEY (robot_subscriber, list_subscriber, user_subscriber),
INDEX user_index (user_subscriber)
);

CREATE TABLE admin_table (
list_admin varchar(50) NOT NULL,
user_admin varchar(100) NOT NULL,
robot_admin varchar(80) NOT NULL,
role_admin enum('listmaster','owner','editor') NOT NULL,
date_admin datetime NOT NULL,
update_admin datetime,
reception_admin varchar(20),
visibility_admin varchar(20),
comment_admin varchar(150),
subscribed_admin int(1),
included_admin int(1),
include_sources_admin varchar(50),
info_admin varchar(150),
profile_admin enum('privileged','normal'),
PRIMARY KEY (robot_admin, list_admin, role_admin, user_admin),
INDEX user_index (user_admin)
);
CREATE TABLE netidmap_table (
netid_netidmap varchar (100) NOT NULL,
serviceid_netidmap varchar (100) NOT NULL,
robot_netidmap varchar (80) NOT NULL,
email_netidmap varchar (100),
PRIMARY KEY (netid_netidmap, serviceid_netidmap, robot_netidmap)
);

CREATE TABLE logs_table (
id_logs bigint(20) NOT NULL,
date_logs int(11) NOT NULL,
robot_logs varchar(80),
list_logs varchar(50),
action_logs varchar(50) NOT NULL,
parameters_logs varchar(100),
target_email_logs varchar(100),
user_email_logs varchar(100),
msg_id_logs varchar(255),
status_logs varchar(10) NOT NULL,
error_type_logs varchar(150),
client_logs varchar(100),
daemon_logs varchar(10) NOT NULL,
PRIMARY KEY (id_logs) );

CREATE TABLE session_table (
id_session varchar(30) NOT NULL,
start_date_session int(11) NOT NULL,
date_session int(11) NOT NULL,
remote_addr_session varchar(60),
robot_session varchar(80),
email_session varchar(100),
hit_session int(11),
data_session text,
PRIMARY KEY (id_session)
);

So the database structure *should* really be correct. Any ideas?