en - Re: [sympa-users] Formatting the "title" parameter in configuration

  • From: David Verdin <address@concealed>
  • To: "Allen, Pat" <address@concealed>
  • Cc: sympa-users <address@concealed>
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Formatting the "title" parameter in configuration
  • Date: Wed, 02 Apr 2008 11:04:39 +0200

Hi Pat,

Actually the "title" can't contain HTML, if you use the 5.4 version. Any HTML is escaped from most of the parameters. That's the protection against XSS.
Actually this parameter is just a quick way to customize your virtual host home page, but if you want to do things more elaborated than just changing a character string, you must use the templates.
Particularly, for what you want to do, you must modify the "title.tt2" file.
So this is how to do this (assuming you installed Sympa in the "/home/sympa" directory):

1- copy "title.tt2" from /home/sympa/bin/etc/web_tt2 to /home/sympa/etc/you.host.name.com/web_tt2
2- edit the file in /home/sympa/etc/you.host.name.com/web_tt2 to add the layout and informations you want.

That's it! All the pages in your virtual host will display your new layout.

You can do all that online throught the web templates customization page in the sympa web interface.

Regards,

Allen, Pat a écrit :

Good morning,

I don’t know if this is possible but please let me pass something pass those of you who have customized the Sympa interface. This actually may be an easy thing to do through the configuration files but I haven’t been able to find anything in the documentation. I’ve got some virtual hosts running and I want to format the way that the title looks in the web interface. For example, I want a multi-line title with the third line a different size font. I’ve changed the title string within the robot.conf file and have added HTML “<br>” and “<span>” tags to do what I want. Everything looks absolutely wonderful when the page loads except that the HTML tags show up in the title bar of the browser window. Does anybody have a way around this?

Thanks again!

Pat Allen

--
David Verdin