en - Re: [sympa-users] Upgrade to 5.4 failed

  • From: address@concealed
  • To: Glen Eustace <address@concealed>
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Upgrade to 5.4 failed
  • Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2008 07:59:57 +0100

Glen Eustace wrote:
I tried to upgrade to 5.4 this morning, it failed miserably.

It would appear that the chnages to the database schema are only actioned if one uses mysql, I am using Postgresql.
Yes that's true, updating database structure is supported only for mySQL. This is described in this document :
http://www.sympa.org/manualtest/upgrading?s=upgrade#database_structure_update . Why did you have to restore your previous configuration ? Sympa should just refuse to start unless the database structure is updated.

We did not the job for Oracle, Sybase, Postgresql because it is not easy for us to test it. We would be very pleased to received some contrib for it. Now updating process in a specific module "Upgrade.pm" . It should be quite easy to do it.

Regards

Serge