en - Re: [sympa-users] privileges re. deleting archived messages?

  • From: address@concealed
  • To: Miles Fidelman <address@concealed>
  • Cc: "address@concealed" <address@concealed>
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] privileges re. deleting archived messages?
  • Date: Tue, 08 Jan 2008 07:58:04 +0100

Miles Fidelman wrote:
Hi,

We're using a list in an unusual way - as a dropbox for incoming email, that's then handled by multiple people.

I've been asked if there's a way to give all subscribers the ability to delete messages from the archives (i.e., some acts on a message, then deletes it).

As far as I can tell, there's no way to assign that privilege through the web interface. Is there a config. file entry that can grant archive delete privileges to all list members? We're running Sympa 5.2.4.
Only the sender of the message and the owners of the list can deletemessages in archives. If acceptable, you may define all subscribers as list owner. This can be done using "data source" so you will not have to modify the config after each change in subscribers list.
Unfortunitly this will give much more privelges to list subscribers. You may describe you request in the feature request.

Regards
Serge