en - Re: [sympa-users] Skinning Sympa

  • From: Bryan Thale <address@concealed>
  • To: Olivier Salaün <address@concealed>
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Skinning Sympa
  • Date: Mon, 24 Dec 2007 11:36:22 -0600

Ok. Thanks. I suspected it might require a little hacking but wanted to make sure I wasn't missing an existing capability before I went off tearing through the code.

I'm just curious : why can't you locate your templates in /home/sympa/etc/web_tt2/ directory ? Are these templates used by another app ?
Exactly, the HTML is being shared by nearly a dozen other apps that we've adapted into a coordinated web environment. It's kinda too bad HTML doesn't have an <include> tag or something to make it easy to source in HTML like we can for JavaScript and CSS but, oh, well. ;-)

Here is a small patch that will do the trick for anchors only, the 'nomenu' attribute will be lost whenever the user hits a button that uses POST

Thanks for the patch. 'nomenu' was really just an example of what I'm after but the patch tells me where I'll need to wade into the code. As you suspect, what I'm actually doing is keeping track of a little user session info that modifies some characteristics of our skin so your plans for the next version of Sympa sound very interesting.

Regards,
Bryan.

--
Bryan Thale
Motorola Open Source Technologies, Mobile Devices