en - Re: [sympa-users] Sympa 5.2.3: "Review members" and database

  • From: Olivier Salaün <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Sympa 5.2.3: "Review members" and database
  • Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2007 12:18:41 +0100

Janusz S. Bień a écrit :
Where the content of "Name" in "Review members" comes from?
`comment_subscriber' from subscriber_table?

What is the function of `gecos_user' in user_table? How can it be
viewed from Sympa web interface?

I am worried because I asked the subscribers of a list to fill in
their names expecting to see them in "Review members". To my surprise
it looks like they changed `gecos_user', which is not visible to me
with "Review members".
The user_table DB field (populated via the preferences page) is only used as the default value for the comment_subscriber DB field (showed on the REVIEW page). Updating the user name from the preferences does not trigger similar updates for each list. If is not desirable to do so because a list member may have a different name/description for each list.

We might change Sympa to automatically update the user name at the list level if we can provide a way, for a list owner, to disable this default behavior.
You're welcome to submit a feature request : https://sourcesup.cru.fr/tracker/?group_id=23