en - Re: [sympa-users] Digest settings

  • From: Olivier Salaün <address@concealed>
  • To: David Mayo <address@concealed>
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Digest settings
  • Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2007 12:38:37 +0100

Hi David,

You're right, the digest is triggered by the day/hour as defined in the list configuration. Sympa does not provide a way to trigger the digests when N messages have been received.
If you wish, you can submit a feature request to change this behavior : https://sourcesup.cru.fr/tracker/?group_id=23

David Mayo a écrit :
One of our users has set up a digest for his list and set the digest_max value to 25, expecting Sympa to email the digest subscribers when the list has received 25 messages. Instead, Sympa sends the digest at its normal time but the emails are split into several parts. This has the added disappointment that they seem to be arriving out of order! (presumably because they are all sent at the same time)

Does Sympa have the facility to send digests when they have reached their maximum or do I need to submit a feature request? The notes on digests in the manual are quite minimal.

We are running Sympa 5.3.2.