en - Re: [sympa-users] Premature end of script headers

  • From: Bill Jenkins <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Premature end of script headers
  • Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2007 10:27:33 -0500

David Verdin wrote:
Hi,

The wwsympa.fcgi script fails to execute.
What do the sympa (or wwsympa) logs say ?
This way we'll know if your problem is critical or not.

You should upgrade anyway : Sympa can do far more things now than in version 4.1.5. ;)

Regards,

Bill Jenkins a écrit :

I have a long-standing installation of Sympa, 4.1.5, that has been
working fine for a long time. One machine reboot later, it seems to
have a problem:

[Mon Oct 29 08:14:33 2007] [error] [client 64.107.227.23] Premature end of script headers: wwsympa.fcgi, referer: http://lists.cait.org/wws

The lists themselves work fine, it's simply the web interface that generates the error. Is there an easy solution for this problem, or should I put my efforts towards upgrading to 5 to fix it? Thank you for any help.

Bill Jenkins
CAIT/Western Illinois University

Interestingly, the only log entries (in /var/log/messages) are as follows:

Oct 30 10:15:23 sympaserver wwsympa[31065]: WWSympa started
Oct 30 10:15:23 sympaserver wwsympa[31065]: [robot lists.cait.org] [client 64.107.227.23] [user address@concealed] do_which

...after which the web browser returns an Internal Server Error.

The premature end of script headers message is in /var/log/httpd/error_log.

Bill Jenkins