en - [sympa-users] Suggestions for upgrading from 3.44 to 5.33

  • From: "Paul Borghese" <address@concealed>
  • To: <address@concealed>
  • Subject: [sympa-users] Suggestions for upgrading from 3.44 to 5.33
  • Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2007 08:29:57 -0400

I have currently purchased new hardware to replace an aging mailing list server running Sympa 3.4.4.  With the new hardware, I am planning to upgrade my installation to the latest version of Sympa.  I am looking for suggestions as to how to perform the upgrade.

One option is to install Sympa 3.4.4 on the new server, move the data, then upgrade (maybe through a series of upgrades) to 5.3.3.

A second option is to install 5.3.3 on the new server creating the lists as if they were new.  Then manually move the data from the old server to new modifying the mysql database and any configuration files as necessary to conform to 5.3.3.

Suggestions?

Take care,

Paul Borghese

  • [sympa-users] Suggestions for upgrading from 3.44 to 5.33, Paul Borghese, 10/02/2007