en - [sympa-users] Re: SYMPA relaying mails to another server?

  • From: Thomas Berry <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed, René Pfeiffer <address@concealed>
  • Subject: [sympa-users] Re: SYMPA relaying mails to another server?
  • Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2007 12:09:59 -0700

René,

This might be what you're looking for:

Edit /etc/postfix/main.cf, and add or edit this line:
relayhost = your.outbound_server.com

Followed by restarting the postfix service:

$sudo /etc/init.d/postfix restart

Thomas

René Pfeiffer wrote:
Hello, list!

During the course of a server consolidation a SYMPA installation was
moved to a server which was never intended to be a listserver. Is there
a way of intercepting all SYMPA-generated mail on a machine and relay it
via SMTP to a mail hub for outbound relay?

The server in questions runs Postfix on Debian Sarge. I already tried
modifying the sendmail binary's options, but most easy ways out rely on
Postfix 2.3. I also thought of using another queue injection wrapper
and will probably write a Perl script that forwards all mails to another
machine.

Best regards,
René.