en - [sympa-users] How to make moderators able to delete past posts

  • From: Steven Peterson <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: [sympa-users] How to make moderators able to delete past posts
  • Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2007 20:17:48 -0400

Hi all,

We would like to have moderators be able to delete posts that have already been made and we had originally assumed that there was a scenario for this. However, when we looked at the archive code created by mhonarc-ressources.tt2, it seems that Sympa does not checka scenario but checks to see if the current user is an owner before showing a 'delete' checkbox.
One option we have is to customize this is by changing the mhonarc-ressources.tt2 code to show the 'delete' checkboxes for both moderators and owners. If we did this, would the function doing the processing honor the request by a moderator or does the function also check to see that the requestor is an owner? Is there a better way to do this?

- Steve

  • [sympa-users] How to make moderators able to delete past posts, Steven Peterson, 09/19/2007