en - [sympa-users] RE: For some reason I am no longer seeing log messages for CustomConditions

  • From: "Chris Andrews" <address@concealed>
  • To: "address@concealed" <address@concealed>
  • Subject: [sympa-users] RE: For some reason I am no longer seeing log messages for CustomConditions
  • Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2007 10:25:50 -0400

I figured it out - there is a bug in the scenario evaluation code.  When determining how to evaluate the true() condition the regular _expression_ looks of the words true, any and all any where in the condition.  That means if your CustomCondition name contains "true", "any" or "all" it is evaluated as a true condition.  I put in a bug:

http://sourcesup.cru.fr/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=3306&group_id=23&atid=167

The code for the evaluating the true statement is:

    if ($condition_key =~ /\s*(true|any|all)\s*/i) {

        return $negation;

    }

This will find CustomConditions like:

CustomCondition::checkallemails

CustomCondition::isuserallowedtopost

etc.

If it is changed to match to the beginning (^) and end ($):

    if ($condition_key =~ /^\s*(true|any|all)\s*$/i) {

        return $negation;

    }

Then it will not find those custom conditions and it still properly evaluates the true() condition.

---

 Chris Andrews

 Boston College

 Collaboration Team