en - [sympa-users] Signature and archive

  • From: Jürgen Kreutz <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: [sympa-users] Signature and archive
  • Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2007 17:13:30 +0200

Hello,

one of our users reported problems with the verification of the signature (X509) of an archived E-Mail. She had previously sent and signed the message, and when she received this E-Mail from the archive (hitting [send it back to ...]), her E-Mail-Client reported 'Signature not valid'.

After some tests, it is my impression, that signed E-Mails under certain circumstances may be altered when sent from the archives. I observed warnings from my E-Mail-Client (The message appears to have been altered ...) when the Mail contained special characters (German Umlauts) and/or long lines, but for mails with short lines and ASCII-only, the signature was successfully verified.

Is this a known problem? Searching the list archive and the FAQ did not enlighten me.

We are using Sympa 5.3.2, but the problem may have been present in earlier releases.

Thanks for any hints
Jürgen
--
Jürgen Kreutz, Fraunhofer Institut IITB, Network Operation Center (NOC)
Fraunhoferstraße 1, 76131 Karlsruhe, Germany

  • [sympa-users] Signature and archive, Jürgen Kreutz, 08/28/2007