en - [sympa-users] Re: no index files

  • From: Olivier Salaün <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: [sympa-users] Re: no index files
  • Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2007 12:07:46 +0200

You're right : the 'index' file (that contains the next file name to be used) is created by the mail2arc() subroutine whereas rebuild() does not include this code. Therefore imported archives or old archives (because rebuild() used to remove index files by mistake) may end up with an empty 'index' file.

We'v' fixed the archived::rebuild() subroutine ; here is the patch : http://sourcesup.cru.fr/cgi/viewvc.cgi/trunk/wwsympa/archived.pl?r1=4491&r2=4572&root=sympa&view=patch

address@concealed a écrit :
sorry to bother again with silly questions, but I am trying to import a
previous LISTSERV mailing list to sympa.
Actually I don't have the LISTSERV archive but a mbox file with all emails
received since beginning of the list, so I converted this file.
Except some UNKNOW dated mails I have to check I see that the script are correctly
work, but in the calendard window I cannot see how many messages are kept inside each
month but only a "??? messages" title when I mouseover each month. By the
way I see this also on your calendar..

anyhow, after a bit of debugging I saw that the Archive.pl script does not call the "indexing" part it's going to
rebuild the archive, but it calls the "indexing" part only in the "mail2arc" section. So inside each
"arc/yyyy-mm" directory the "index" file is missing and I see that the perl script check for this file to
set correctly the title of each month in the calendar-window.
Is it possible to "index" also when I do a archive rebuilding?
Now I wrote a small bash script called by archived.pl, but I think it's
better everything inside the archived.pl file, but I perl is not yet my
language ;(