en - [sympa-users] Re: Re: Sympa and LDAP

  • From: Olivier Salaün <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Cc: sympa-users <address@concealed>
  • Subject: [sympa-users] Re: Re: Sympa and LDAP
  • Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2007 13:57:06 +0200

address@concealed a écrit :
Hello address@concealed
Note that Sympa will query the member data source (ie your LDAP directory)
before sending a message to the list.
I didn't notice that and I find this note very intereting.
In fact I've spent the last two hours working on this... running LDAP daemon
in debug mode (-d 256) to see what happens working with Sympa and it actually
does
a query each time I do something, not just posting a message.

In particular I've synchronized them then manually modified LDAP so that they
were NOT synchro (Ive added my personal email). I've tried to send several
messages (post) and I've noticed that Sympa *sometimes* synchronized its own
DB with LDAP before sending the email (the email arrived to the address that
wasnt in Sympa).

Now Im asking myself ...why didnt Sympa always get synchronized with LDAP
before posting a message but only sometimes?

Ive tried this twice in a row just before posting this message. Each time I
modified LDAP so that they werent synchro. The first time Sympa got
synchronized to LDAP, while the second didnt.

Between the two sendings has passed a VERY short time (a couple of minutes)
while between the first and the previous one like half a hour.

Does this automatic synchro depend on a particular thing in the config file?
You're right, Sympa has another TTL notion that determines how long the members cache is valid regarding the distribution process. In Sympa 5.3.x this value is hard-coded to 5 minutes. A new list parameter has been added for this in the development version. Here is the patch : http://sourcesup.cru.fr/cgi/viewvc.cgi/trunk/src/List.pm?r1=4469&r2=4478&root=sympa&view=patch

  • [sympa-users] Re: Re: Sympa and LDAP, Olivier Salaün, 08/13/2007