en - [sympa-users] Re: Spool not being processed

  • From: Olivier Salaün - CRU <address@concealed>
  • To: Liam Kirsher <address@concealed>
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: [sympa-users] Re: Spool not being processed
  • Date: Thu, 31 May 2007 11:22:14 +0200

That's not a normal behavior of Sympa.

Whenever this problem would happen again, you should :
  1. check if sympa.pl process is running
  2. if not check what was the last file it was processing
  3. if sympa.pl process died, errors written to STDERR have been saved to a file in spool/tmp/$pid.stderr. The content of this file will be sent to the listmaster when you restart sympa.pl

Liam Kirsher wrote:
For the third time, the spool/msg files are not being processed!

This didn't happen before I upgraded to 5.3b.4.

Obviously, this is not satisfactory for my list clients!

I shutdown sympa and re-started it, and eventually the spool was
processed.  But I can't do that every time.

Where should I look to fix this problem? There didn't seem to be
anything in the sympa log file.  Maybe increase debug level?

Not quite sure what to do, any help appreciated!