en - [sympa-users] sympa problem solved

  • From: Riccardo Veraldi <address@concealed>
  • To: sympa-users <address@concealed>
  • Subject: [sympa-users] sympa problem solved
  • Date: Thu, 05 Apr 2007 12:18:06 +0200

Hello,
I do not know why noone ever looked at the email asking desperately help
about sympa not working anymore after upgrade.

Now since I discovered the cause of it, I want to report it.

The problem is simply this:

on FreeBSD if you upgrade perl module p5-DBD-mysql-4.001 to p5-DBD-mysql-4.003
with this update the sympa source calling DBD perl module in
/usr/local/lib/sympa/List.pm at line 10767
will fail... the module is broken or the API is different but it won't work and sympa
tries to create admin and subscriber tables which already exists.

thanks

Riccardo

  • [sympa-users] sympa problem solved, Riccardo Veraldi, 04/05/2007