en - [sympa-users] Re: Write a task for custom bounce handling

  • From: Olivier Salaün - CRU <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: [sympa-users] Re: Write a task for custom bounce handling
  • Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2007 14:38:16 +0200

Hi Fabio,

The task format has been designed as something extensible. I'm not sure all available command are properly documented ; you'll have to go through task_manager.pl to find out which one are available.

You might use the "exec()" command that allows you to run an external script. The limitation though is that it does not support parameters. You might need to patch task_manager::exec_cmd() to do so. If you produce a patch please submit it through https://sourcesup.cru.fr/tracker/?group_id=23

address@concealed wrote:
Hi to everybody, i use sympa for handling about 10 mailing list and
everything is going fine, but now i want to do a thing but I don't understand
how to do it.

I have a MySQL database as datasources, and I've configured sympa for automatic bounce handling, so i've bounce_score_subscriber filled correctly in subscriber table. I want to write a task for remove bouncer subscribers and perform some other actions such as store deleted addresses somwhere (other db table or plaintext file). I've read sympa manual at this page http://www.sympa.org/wiki/manual/customizing#tasks but I didn't found anything for my purpose.

The only idea I had is to use the send_msg (<@user_selection>, <template>)
action in conjunction with an alias that pipe in a program written by me, is it possible?

The ideal would be execute a shell script or an external program having
bouncers list as parameter or as standard input , someone can help me?

My sympa version is 5.2.3, installed on Debian Etch and my MTA is postfix.