en - [sympa-users] Re: sympa web interface and languages

  • From: Olivier Salaün - CRU <address@concealed>
  • To: Andreas Speck at WRI <address@concealed>
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: [sympa-users] Re: sympa web interface and languages
  • Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2007 14:12:45 +0100

Hi Andreas,

Sympa's default configuration provides most of the languages you expect (except Russian). The list of supported language is defined via the "supported_lang" parameter, see http://www.sympa.org/wiki/manual/conf-parameters/part3#supported_lang. You might find other PO files distributed with Sympa but those that don't have 50% of the GUI trasnslated aren't listed as 'supported_lang". Only a few strings have currently been translated to Russian, see http://pootle.sympa.org/ru/

Since Sympa uses standard setlocale() functions, it requires that you have some information related to each language installed on your system. On most Unix system, it requires that you install related "locale-*" packages.

Andreas Speck at WRI wrote:
we have a multilingual website (presently English, French, Spanish, German - protentially Russian), and use sympa for our email list. The default language for sympa is English. We would like to be able to link to the web interface of sympa in the specific language - and not just to the English version. How do we do that? Do we need to pass on parameters, set a cookie, or what?