en - [sympa-users] problem with mailman2sympa awk/subscribers.awk

  • From: Redmond Militante <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: [sympa-users] problem with mailman2sympa awk/subscribers.awk
  • Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2007 12:37:01 -0600

I've been working to adapt the mailman2sympa 0.0.2 scripts to migrate mailing
lists off our mailman server and onto our sympa server.

I have noticed that awk/subscribers.awk seems to be a bit buggy, in that it
does not migrate all of the list subscribers sometimes.

awk/subscribers.awk appends to the list subscribers stored in
tosympa/csv/import_subscribers.csv. In particular, the GetEmail() function

function GetEmail(s) {

res=gensub("^.*[^a-zA-Z0-9._-]([a-zA-Z0-9._-]*@[a-zA-Z0-9.-]*)[^a-zA-Z0-9.-].*$",
"\\1", "g", s);
if (res !~ ".*@.*") res="";
return tolower(res);
}

sometimes does not pick up every email address in tosympa/lists/$LISTNAME,
for instance it does not pick up the first email address in
tosympa/lists/testlist

'members': {'address@concealed': 0, 'address@concealed': 0},

I'm guessing that there is a problem with the regex in the subscribers.awk
script that makes it not pick up the first address above.

Has anyone else used mailman2sympa? have you seen this problem before, any
advice?

Thanks,
Redmond

--
Redmond Militante / NSIT / The University of Chicago
PGP Public Key: <http://home.uchicago.edu/~rjm/pubkey.asc>

  • [sympa-users] problem with mailman2sympa awk/subscribers.awk, Redmond Militante, 02/20/2007