en - [sympa-users] Re: Re: Sympe 5.2.1 style.css generation

  • From: Olivier Salaün - CRU <address@concealed>
  • To: Xavier Beaudouin <address@concealed>
  • Cc: Russ Kepler <address@concealed>, address@concealed
  • Subject: [sympa-users] Re: Re: Sympe 5.2.1 style.css generation
  • Date: Fri, 09 Feb 2007 17:40:09 +0100

The default behavior of Sympa is to compute the CSS at every request.
The least we can say is that it is not an optimized way to handle CSS. That's why we provide a way to install a static version of the CSS.

We've made things simpler with the next 5.3 release to come, but in the meanwhile, here is the way to define this static CSS with Sympa 5.2.x :
  • Set the css_path and css_url sympa.conf parameters.
  • 'css_path' point to the directory where the static CSS will be stored (/var/www/html/sympa-css for example). Make sure that the 'sympa' user has write permissions on this directory.
  • 'css_url' is the URL corresponding to the css_path (/sympa_css for example). Relationship with css_path depends on your Apache configuration
Install the static CSS via Sympa web interface :
  • "Sympa admin" > "Skins administration page" > "install static CSS"

Note that you'll need to restart (or reload) your Apache server after sympa.conf parameters have been changed.