en - [sympa-users] Re: Moving archives?

  • From: address@concealed
  • To: Jan Johansson <address@concealed>
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: [sympa-users] Re: Moving archives?
  • Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2007 08:33:02 +0100

Jan Johansson wrote:

Hello!

I had an older list server (5.1 i seem to recall) which suffered a break down.

Since the server was just a “semi-test” environment, it was not deemed necessary with backups, so when I broke we moved to Sympa HEAD and started our lists over.

Now I have found some of the archives from the old server, and I would like to import them into the new sympa server. But just moving the log.* files was not the way to do it.

Can this be done?

Hi.

File named log.xxxx were used in the past only for mail archives. Now they are not used anymore. You can remove them if your list is configured for web archives.

The answers to your question is there : http://sympa.org/wiki/faq/archives

(I just initialize that FAQ section in order to answer you).
Serge