en - [sympa-users] Re: LDAP Data Source Bind DN and TLS

  • From: Stephen Braswell <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Cc: qt4x11 <address@concealed>
  • Subject: [sympa-users] Re: LDAP Data Source Bind DN and TLS
  • Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2006 18:51:22 -0500

Hello,

I think the perl-ldap (Net::LDAP) perl module requires the use of the 'start_tls' method to use TLS, which I don't believe Sympa can currently do.

See: http://search.cpan.org/~gbarr/perl-ldap-0.33/lib/Net/LDAP.pod#start_tls

Without this method, I believe using the ldaps:// URI just tried to do an LDAP over SSL connection.

-Stephen