en - [sympa-users] ldap connection problem

  • From: Eric Lopez <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: [sympa-users] ldap connection problem
  • Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2006 16:20:36 -0600

Dear List,
This is my first time installing sympa. I am trying to use our existing ldap directory to authenticate users. This directory has a md5 encrypted pasword for every user in our university, and it's being used for email, samba and other things.

When I try to login to sympa (using just the uid or my complete email) I get the following error:
Nov 28 21:04:17 redirector wwsympa[7263]: [robot listas.ues.edu.sv] [client 168.243.2.246] do_login(address@concealed)
Nov 28 21:04:17 redirector wwsympa[7263]: authentication: incorrect password for user address@concealed
Nov 28 21:04:17 redirector wwsympa[7263]: Authentication failed

Here's my auth.conf
ldap

host directorio.ues.edu.sv:389
timeout 20
bind_dn cn=reader,dc=ues,dc=edu,dc=sv
bind_password reader
suffix dc=ues,dc=edu,dc=sv
get_dn_by_uid_filter (&(uid=[sender])(svuesActivo=1))
# get_dn_by_email_filter (&(mail=[sender])(svuesActivo=1))
email_attribute mail
scope sub

Now, the error above states that the password is incorrect which is very confusing to me since there's no user password field specified in the configuration file.
Any and help and comments will be greatly appreciated.
best regards,
eric.

  • [sympa-users] ldap connection problem, Eric Lopez, 11/28/2006