en - [sympa-users] Re: Re: Sympa processing messages very slow

  • From: Patrick von der Hagen <address@concealed>
  • To: Miles Fidelman <address@concealed>
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: [sympa-users] Re: Re: Sympa processing messages very slow
  • Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2006 14:16:49 +0100

Am Montag, den 20.11.2006, 07:39 -0500 schrieb Miles Fidelman:
[...]
> Do you have a virus and/or spam checker in the mail path? Some of the
> delay might be there.
Virus- and spamchecking is performed by my MTA before messages are put
in the sympa-spool. When sympa sends out messages, my MTA recognizes
that those messages have just passed through sympa, thus they have been
scanned before they were processed by sympa, so they do not have to be
scanned again.

So the short answer is: I do content-scanning, but not for messages
which are already in the spool.

--
CU,
Patrick.