en - [sympa-users] Re: Re: X509 user certs

  • From: Olivier Salaün - CRU <address@concealed>
  • To: Redmond Militante <address@concealed>
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: [sympa-users] Re: Re: X509 user certs
  • Date: Mon, 06 Nov 2006 09:48:30 +0100

Redmond,

Did you configure the 'openssl' and 'cafile' ('capath') sympa.conf parameters ?
Did you restart Sympa processes afterward ?

If problem persists, please run sympa.pl in debug mode (-d) and provide us with the output.

Redmond Militante wrote:
I'm testing out S/MIME authentication in sympa and am having trouble getting
it to work.

I've been following the instructions at

http://www.sympa.org/doc/html/node27.html

to allow sympa to use S/MIME, I've configured a list for send.private_smime.
I've applied for a free personal S/MIME email certificate from Thawte, and
have configured Thunderbird to sign messages using this certificate.

When I send the message to the list, I get a message rejected letter just as
if I would have sent the email unsigned. Am I missing any steps?