en - [sympa-users] Re: Strange: include_remote_file does not work astask, but worksmanually

  • From: Patrick von der Hagen <address@concealed>
  • To: sympa-users <address@concealed>
  • Cc: Olivier Salaün - CRU <address@concealed>
  • Subject: [sympa-users] Re: Strange: include_remote_file does not work astask, but worksmanually
  • Date: Fri, 03 Nov 2006 17:56:13 +0100

Patrick von der Hagen wrote:
[...]
> Major difference, as far as I can tell:
> List::include_users_remote_file: Unable to fetch remote file
> https://www.unibigband.uni-karlsruhe.de/mailingliste/admin/mailinglisteDownload.php
>

> But why?
For the record:
Olivier assisted me off-list and we discovered that my sympa-user had
http_proxy and https_proxy defined, while my httpd-user did not.
After disabling those proxy-settings in my sympa-users-profile,
everything seems to run fine now.

Those settings were originally
http_proxy=http://proxy.rz.uni-karlsruhe.de:3128/
https_proxy=http://proxy.rz.uni-karlsruhe.de:3128/

However, I'm still a bit confused....
those settings haven't caused any problems so far using other
software.... to me, those settings seem to be valid.
Sympa detected those settings, but choked. How would I specify correct
proxy-settings for sympa, if they were required? (Luckily, using the
proxy is optional....)

--
CU,
Patrick.