en - Re: [sympa-users] Ldap data source, opt out user

  • From: Serge Aumont <address@concealed>
  • To: Redmond Militante <address@concealed>
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Ldap data source, opt out user
  • Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2006 21:09:53 +0200

Redmond Militante a écrit :
I have a question regarding lists populated with Ldap data sources, or database query for data source. I notice that it is not possible to remove a user from the 'Manager subscribers' page when a list is populated using an Ldap data source. Is there a way to unsubscribe an individual user when using an Ldap data source? We are interested in having an 'opt out' list - the list is populated using an Ldap data source, but individual users can remove themselves from the list - and furthermore, users who choose to remove themselves from the list will not be added again when the Ldap query is run again according to the ttl setting.
Has anybody set something like this up? Redmond
This is not possible but the subscription option nomail provide the requested feature. The problem is that the user is still subscriber (he will see the list in the "which" page and will are the privilege of subscribers (for example able to read private archive).

We plans some new dev for that. design is still unknown. One solution is to introduce "exclude" similar as "include". Some source could be defined in way that users can subscribe to the exclusion source.

Serge