en - Re: [sympa-users] "Message diffusion" messages

  • From: Olivier Salaün - CRU <address@concealed>
  • To: Warren Howard <address@concealed>
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] "Message diffusion" messages
  • Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2006 16:35:05 +0200

Hi Warren,

You request is legitimate ; therefore we've made additional information about the original message available in the mail templates.  It is now in the development branch. Here are the available entries :
original_msg.full, original_msg.body, original_msg.from, original_msg.subject, original_msg.message_id
You'll have to wait until 5.3 is released...

Warren Howard wrote:
I am interested in increasing the verbosity of the "Message diffusion"
messages.  I am using Sympa 5.2.1 and find the standard "Message
diffusion" emails to be somewhat brief.

Mainly I would like to be able to include the "subject" of the mail in
the diffusion message.  For example :

Your message for list sympa-users has been forwarded to editor(s)

could become

Your message for list sympa-users with subject : "Hello world!" has been forwarded to editor(s) for approval.

and

Message aa7e38fbd0d979d75d7a1bf231ce34e6 for list 'sympa-users' has been distributed.

could become

Message aa7e38fbd0d979d75d7a1bf231ce34e6 with subject : "Hello world again!" for list 'sympa-users' has been distributed.

I've had a look at the message_report.tt2 file and have made some simple
wording changes, but I cannot see anyway to include the subject of the
message.  Is there a way to do modify message_report.tt2 to include the
subject of the message or is this really a feature request and should I
be creating a "tracker" for this?