en - Re: [sympa-users] Duplicating list configuration

  • From: Olivier Salaün - CRU <address@concealed>
  • To: "Ward, Michael" <address@concealed>
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Duplicating list configuration
  • Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2006 09:37:25 +0200

Michael,

You're not the first one to ask for this ; therefore I suggest you add an official feature request in our tracking system :
https://sourcesup.cru.fr/tracker/?group_id=23

The "duplicate" feature should be accessible from both web and command-line interface. It would greatly looks like the wwsympa::do_rename_list() subroutine.

Ward, Michael wrote:

Hi – I have a number of similar lists I want to create. What’s the best way to duplicate lists? Create the list then replace the contents of the /expl/listname folder with the list you want to duplicate (then update name, etc)?

This is the way I’m currently doing it. Is there an easier way? An option to ‘duplicate list configuration’ in the console would be very useful. This could use the same configuration of the list being duplicated, but prompt for the new name and description. Would be a quick and easy way to set up a test list based on a live list.