en - Re: [sympa-users] HTMLarea

  • From: Stephen Braswell <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] HTMLarea
  • Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2006 02:42:11 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Serge,

We pluged htmlarea in Sympa a long time ago and now it seems that this product is no longer availible as open source sofware. I check the licence, redistribution is permitted si I put htmlarea.tar in http://www.sympa.org/distribution/

This tool is quite old but still work and provide a pretty html editor. Now we need to find a new one for that feature.

Here are two tools I have come across that do what HTMLArea does. I have not used either of them so I cannot say whether they would be suitable replacements. Both products are licensed with LGPL.

- TinyMCE - http://tinymce.moxiecode.com/

- FCKeditor - http://www.fckeditor.net/

I hope this information is helpful.

Regards,