en - Re: [sympa-users] bounce scores are all 0

  • From: Olivier Salaün - CRU <address@concealed>
  • To: Miles Fidelman <address@concealed>
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] bounce scores are all 0
  • Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2006 10:01:45 +0200

You're right, we need to explain how bounce are managed :
The Sympa algorithm for scoring bouncing users is smart enough to avoid removing users that :
  • have bounced for one day only (because their mail server was down)
  • have bounced 10 times whereas the list traffic is 100 mesages a day
Therefore we compare the bouncing informations with the list traffic and given our algorithm, bouncing users might have a score of 0 though Sympa has received a few bounced for them.

The algorithm for computing the bounce score is deeply explained in the documentation :
http://www.sympa.org/doc/html/node24.html

Miles Fidelman wrote:
any idea why all the bounce scores, for every list, would all be 0?
not yet, though it seems like this may not actually be a problem - I am seeing some emails that score higher, and some that score high enough to trip auto-deletion - so it may be that a score of 0 is appropriate for some messages (though some clarification would be appreciated)