en - Re: [sympa-users] locale errors - possibly related to Debian environment -- resolved (?)

  • From: Miles Fidelman <address@concealed>
  • To: Olivier Salaün - CRU <address@concealed>, address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] locale errors - possibly related to Debian environment -- resolved (?)
  • Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2006 13:58:37 -0400

Not sure what's changed, but...

A couple of restarts and reboots later (for other reasons), I'm no longer getting the locale errors.

Miles

Miles Fidelman wrote:
well... it's a brand new installation of 5.2.1, only very minor tweaking of sympa.conf and wwsympa.conf, haven't configured any robots yet

I'm happy to help track this down if you can suggest some diagnostics to try.

Miles

Olivier Salaün - CRU wrote:
I don't understand why Sympa performs a SetLang() for a language that was excluded via the supported_lang parameter, unless the supported_lang parameter is not properly loaded or overloaded by supported_lang parameter in a robot.conf file.

Miles Fidelman wrote:
You probably did not restart/reload Apache after editing your sympa.conf...
Actually I did.

I also rebooted - to see if changes to /etc/environment effected anything.

Still getting the slew of errors each time I open the wwsympa web page.

Any other thoughts, or suggestions on how to track this down? It looks like the error is generated by this swatch of code in Language.pm
[...]
I'm guessing something isn't quite set up right going into this. I'm wondering if Sympa is looking for something in a place other than where Debian puts it (I built from source, since the Debian package is pretty far behind Sympa 5). Perhaps configuring with a different location for the locale directory or some such?