en - Re: [sympa-users] locale errors - possibly related to Debian environment

  • From: Miles Fidelman <address@concealed>
  • To: Stefan Hornburg <address@concealed>
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] locale errors - possibly related to Debian environment
  • Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2006 09:14:14 -0400

Thanks, but...

That's the first thing I did - setting supported_languages to en_US only - didn't fix the problem.

The second thing I did was to install all the locales listed in the error messages - still didn't fix the problem.

Which is what's stumping me.

Stefan Hornburg wrote:
Miles Fidelman wrote:
Hi Folks,

Latest in the saga of trying to get new Sympa 5 installation going on a Debian Sarge box.

Wrestled through a bunch of nits, and basically have things running!

But.. seeing some errors in the log of the form:

Aug 27 21:35:55 server1 wwsympa[20114]: Failed to setlocale(oc_FR) ; you either have a problem with the catalogue .mo files or you should extend available locales in your /etc/locale.gen (or /etc/sysconfig/i18n) file

Aug 27 21:35:55 server1 wwsympa[20114]: Failed to setlocale(pt_BR) ; you either have a problem with the catalogue .mo files or you should extend available locales in your /etc/locale.gen (or /etc/sysconfig/i18n) file

Aug 27 21:35:55 server1 wwsympa[20114]: Failed to setlocale(sv_SE) ; you either have a problem with the catalogue .mo files or you should extend available local

I didn't have all the locales installed, so I sent ahead and did that, made sure that /etc/environment sets $LANG, even rebooted.

But... still getting all the same setlocale errors.

So... I'm wondering if there's a path setting that's a little different in the Debian environment. Or maybe it's something else entirely.

The problem is that Debian supplies only a subset of locales according to your configuration of the locales package (can be changed with dpkg-reconfigure locales).

Use the supported_lang configuration parameter to list available locales.

Bye
Racke