en - Re: [sympa-users] can i force topic tagging at initial message post

  • From: Peter Farmer <address@concealed>
  • To: Olivier Salaün - CRU <address@concealed>
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] can i force topic tagging at initial message post
  • Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2006 08:59:38 +0800

On Monday 28 August 2006 11:45 pm, Olivier Salaün - CRU wrote:
> Hi Peter,
>
> I understand that don't want to use automatic tagging as it stands
> because you could have errors or it would oblige you to add this to a
> visible part of the message.
>
> We could do is make Sympa recognize a X-Sympa-Topic SMTP header field
> (or something more standard if any) to tell Sympa what topic should be
> used. If sympa happen to find this header field it would skip the normal
> tagging process. Would this meet your needs ?

Absolutely. This is how it works in the home grown MLM that I have been
using.
One thing - the keywords I want to use are actually "keyphrases" like names
of places like "New Zealand" or "British Virgin Islands". Does Sympa handle
this correctly?, i.e. not treat this as two or three key words, but as a
phrase so that it _wont_ match the "New" part to "New Caledonia" or the
"Islands" part to "Solomon Islands" ?. I know that user's keywords are
stored as single string seperated by ',' in the database. They are
affectively stored as 'phrases', so I'm guessing that they will be matched
as such. A custom smtp header would need to use a syntax to maintain the
phrasing if multiple 'keywords' are required - say like this :

Regards,
Peter Farmer