en - Re: [sympa-users] Configuring 'intranet' scenari

  • From: Peter Farmer <address@concealed>
  • To: "Ward, Michael" <address@concealed>
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Configuring 'intranet' scenari
  • Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2006 11:57:49 +0800

On Monday 28 August 2006 11:04 am, Ward, Michael wrote:

> Part of my problem too was that I didn't realise I had to click the
> 'update list configuration' button on the 'Edit List Configuration' page
> every time I updated a scenari file (is this normal? seems odd). This
> resulted in a frustrating few hours trying to figure out why something
> that had worked previously no longer appeared to work!

scenarii are precompiled into a per list binary data store
( expl/<list_name>/config.bin ) . You have to tell it to rebuild config.bin
after changing scenarii, either via the web interface or from the command
line. Its reasonable to have to reload configs after making edits outside
the wwsympa interface. OTOH I wonder how hard it would be to have the
config.bin reload triggered automatically by saving a modified scenario
from the web interface ? - perhaps you should make a feature request on the
bug tracking site : http://sourcesup.cru.fr/tracker/?group_id=23

From the SYMPA manual :

Sympa will not detect that you a used scenario has changed on disk. You
should run the sympa.pl -reload_list_config command to update the
config.bin files.