en - Re: [sympa-users] Problem with generated emails in sympa 5.2.1

  • From: Olivier Salaün - CRU <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Problem with generated emails in sympa 5.2.1
  • Date: Tue, 08 Aug 2006 09:36:27 +0200

address@concealed wrote:
   I'm new here but I have had a scan through the last weeks emails, however I do apologise if this is has been posted and solved before.  Just point me in the right direction!
  I have a source install of sympa on a debian machine and when you request a password through the web interface the email it sends mangles the password:

[...]
     your password '¹—Î'.

This symptoms happen when you change the value of your "cookie" sympa.conf parameter. The value of "cookie" is used to encrypt user password in the DB, in a reversible and non predictable way. Just restore the previous version of the "cookie" parameter ; check the ~sympa/etc/cookies.history file.
  It also throws rather a lot of spurious (IMO) entries into syslog about locales:

Aug  7 19:06:00 sympa wwsympa[682]: Failed to setlocale(es_ES) ; you either have a problem with the catalogue .mo files or you should extend available locales in  your /etc/locale.gen (or /etc/sysconfig/i18n) file

  I haven't even asked the system to configure those and don't really want to. I have tried fixes posted elsewhere for the above but to no avail.  Can anyone help?

If all you need is the English version of the GUI, then just edit the "supported_lang" sympa.conf parameter, the default value being :
supported_lang     de,cs,el,es,et_EE,en_US,fr,hu,it,ja_JP,nl,oc,pt_BR,sv,tr
If you wish to keep all these supported languages, you might need to install the corresponding locale packages on Debian.