en - Re: [sympa-users] list subscribers lost during migration

  • From: Redmond Militante <address@concealed>
  • To: Olivier Salaün - CRU <address@concealed>
  • Cc: Redmond Militante <address@concealed>, address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] list subscribers lost during migration
  • Date: Mon, 22 May 2006 12:32:16 -0500

Hi

+++ Olivier Salaün - CRU <address@concealed> [06/05/22 09:05]:

> You are in a strange situation because Sympa did the DB structure
> updates but did not update the DB entries afterward. It leads to your
> admin_table containing both entries with the robot field set and
> previous entries without it. Then the update process leeds to
> "Duplicate entry" errors.
> The best way to bring you back to a healthy situation is to :
>
> 1. Empty the admin_table since it will be automatically repopulated :
> DELETE * FROM admin_table
> 2. Run the sympa upgrade process to populate the robot DB fields :
> sympa.pl --upgrade --from=4.x --to=5.2
> 3. Restart all Sympa processes

I've tried this, I get an error -

/home/sympa/bin/sympa.pl --upgrade --from=4.x --to=5.2
Conf::_load_auth(/home/sympa/bin/etc/auth.conf)
Configuration file read, default log level 0
Sympa 5.2 started
List::upgrade(4.x, 5.2)
Updating subscribed field of the subscriber table...
0 rows have been updated
Migrating templates to TT2 format...
Bad index while coercing array into hash at /home/sympa/bin/tpl2tt2.pl line
133.Rebuilding web archives...
Initializing the new admin_table...
Old web templates HTML structure is not compliant with latest ones.
Moving old-style web templates out of the include_path...
Cleaning buggy list config files...
Rename archives/log. files...
Updating the new robot_subscriber and robot_admin Db fields...
DBD::mysql::db do failed: Duplicate entry
'address@concealed' for key 1 at
/home/sympa/bin/List.pm line 11307.
Unable to execute SQL statement "UPDATE admin_table SET
robot_admin='announce.uchicago.edu' WHERE (list_admin='achtest')" : Duplicate
entry 'address@concealed' for key 1
Migration from 4.x to 5.2 failed

I'm not going to worry about it, since this part of the upgrade process has
been fixed in the new version as you say.

--
Redmond Militante / NSIT / The University of Chicago
PGP Public Key: <http://home.uchicago.edu/~rjm/pubkey.asc>