en - Re: [sympa-users] How to compose a multipart/alternative mail

  • From: Olivier Salaün - CRU <address@concealed>
  • To: Barry Flanagan <address@concealed>
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] How to compose a multipart/alternative mail
  • Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2006 13:18:52 +0200

Most Mail User Agents (Thunderbird, Outlook) allow to compose in both text/plain and text/html, using the multipart/alternative format.

Composing a newsletter probably mean that you will include images and other components within the message. You might need to generate a multipart/related message. I suppose there exists some tools to design such a newsletter, but we don't know them.

Barry Flanagan wrote:

Can someone point me in the direction of how to compose an email for delivery
via Sympa which is in multipart/alternative text and html format?

The web based Post form does not appear to accept HTML, and I need to be able
to send newsletters in multipart/alternative format.